Nokia N8 Forum

At Nokia N8 Forum, we provide you with all the support for Nokia N8. Get all the your day to day queries answered and interact with fellow members. Get to know what is popular about your phone and what people like. Join in to have fun.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

USB Connection imposible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
srbush

PostSubject: USB Connection imposible   Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi everyone

Just got mi new N8 on friday, and I had not yet tried to connect it to my Win7 Lapop. Today, when trying to connect it in order to transfer music, I found a big issue. It started installing the needed drivers on its own and it suddenly switched to a BSOD for APC Index Mismatch.
Now, every single time I try to connect the phone in either Ovi Suite or Media Transfer mode, the blue screen comes up. It does not happen when connecting in Mass storage mode.

I've tried different computers and this does not happen at all.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kumaranunay123

PostSubject: Re: USB Connection imposible   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:32 pm

srbush wrote:
Hi everyone

Just got mi new N8 on friday, and I had not yet tried to connect it to my Win7 Lapop. Today, when trying to connect it in order to transfer music, I found a big issue. It started installing the needed drivers on its own and it suddenly switched to a BSOD for APC Index Mismatch.
Now, every single time I try to connect the phone in either Ovi Suite or Media Transfer mode, the blue screen comes up. It does not happen when connecting in Mass storage mode.

I've tried different computers and this does not happen at all.

Any ideas?

This looks tricky. Do you have the latest Ovi Suite Installed on your laptop? Also, does this happen when you connect any other Nokia phone as this could be some issue with the Bios USB Settings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jayrojas

PostSubject: Re: USB Connection imposible   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:18 am

I'm also having issues with N8's usb connection. Whenever I choose Media transfer (activate), it keeps going back to Nokia Ovi Suite (Default). The same thing happens when I choose Conn. PC to net. It keeps going back to Nokia Ovi Suite. I can't sync my music and I can't use my phone as a modem. Help please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amours2011

PostSubject: Re: USB Connection imposible   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:07 am

i advice you buy a new cable usb
accessoire Nokia N8
coque Nokia N8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaza21

PostSubject: Re: USB Connection imposible   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:59 pm

jayrojas wrote:
I'm also having issues with N8's usb connection. Whenever I choose Media transfer (activate), it keeps going back to Nokia Ovi Suite (Default). The same thing happens when I choose Conn. PC to net. It keeps going back to Nokia Ovi Suite. I can't sync my music and I can't use my phone as a modem. Help please.

From what I've seen on my N8 is that as long as the Ovi Suite is open on your computer (see in the tray of the taskbar for an OVI sign), your phone will automatically switch to Nokia Ovi Suite. This is no problem though, because you don't need to switch to 'Media transfer' to sync music or Conn. PC to net to use the phone as a modem.
For syncing music, may I suggest using Nokia OVI player (http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/ovi-music-support).
As for using the phone as a modem, there is an option in the OVI suite to connect to the internet. Select the correct service provider and connect.
Hope this helps Smile

G
Back to top Go down
View user profile
worinima

PostSubject: Re: USB Connection imposible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:22 am

Thanks for share, I think the news you shared here is interesting…I like it very much.

How to Convert DVD to iPad 2
How to Rip DVD to Nokia C7

Nokia N8 DVD Ripper

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USB Connection imposible   

Back to top Go down

USB Connection imposible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1