Nokia N8 Forum

At Nokia N8 Forum, we provide you with all the support for Nokia N8. Get all the your day to day queries answered and interact with fellow members. Get to know what is popular about your phone and what people like. Join in to have fun.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Firmware Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
crossmatched

PostSubject: Firmware Suggestions   Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:01 pm

What if Nokia asks each and every member of this forum to suggest a thing or two to be included in the upcoming firmware upgrade, what would you say?

Here is something that comes up to my mind now : Black or darker background in the Nokia Ovi store interface. The white background defeats the advantage of the LED screen! and drains so much battery power

How about you guys?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaza21

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:40 am

I would suggest an IM client. One that you could use with MSN, Gtalk, Skype etc. I know there are third party apps available, but I don't really care for them.
I also think that the screen saver should not stay on permanently. The screen should go off completely after a while.
And maybe an improved music player. The cover flow is excellent, but in the 'Now Playing' screen the cover should be full screen, and you should tap first before the pause, ff or rew buttons show up.
There are also a few bugs that need to be sorted out. For example, when in Power Saving mode and the phone is locked and you get a message, the screen lights up, and stays that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zaheerahmed13

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 pm

well as of now we r told they new firmware will have enhancements for browser, portrait qwerty keypad, UI improvements and fixes....
But some features I would love to see would be...
1) a better calender
2) better search
3) customizable folders
4) better music player with features for editing tags, separate artist and album view, delete songs directly from the list, etc etc i can say lods on this.. ( i am a music junkie who listens for more thatn 6 - 7 hrs daily tongue )
5) i would like to have some easy option (may be a widget) to prevent the change in orientation of the screen rather than go and disable the sensors every time
6) some better themes and screensavers which give little more info like calender entries and missed events ...
7) and the last one i can think of now.. swype support by default.. nokia should make it a default addition.. coz its just pure joy using it but since its only available in landscape now u need to use both ur hands for typing .. thats little messy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crossmatched

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:12 pm

about the music player, i do hope that in the next firmware there can be a possibility to add lyrics to the music tracks.

even though tunewiki serves for that purpose, it would be nice as well if the music player application can have that lyrics feature on board
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zaheerahmed13

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:27 pm

@ crossmatched.. that would be nice... i dont use tunewiki frequently .. but I use mobbler all the time and i chk the lyrics from that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaza21

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:28 am

crossmatched wrote:
about the music player, i do hope that in the next firmware there can be a possibility to add lyrics to the music tracks.

even though tunewiki serves for that purpose, it would be nice as well if the music player application can have that lyrics feature on board

I don't think the lyrics integration will be a problem for Nokia. In the latest firmware for Nokia 5800XM the music player is able to show lyrics (it must be included in the file though).

And @zaheerahmed13, I'm not sure of this, because I haven't tested it yet, but I read somewhere that if you select the 'music player screensaver', it shows missed events as well, but again, I haven't tested it myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ph3ar

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 am

i would like to be able to add screens, instead of just have 3, would be much more useful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crossmatched

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Just got d small phones app update.. Artists' name is nw in bold fonts in contrast to the album name..

One thing sorely missed: SEARCH function integrated in the music library!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaza21

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 am

crossmatched wrote:
Just got d small phones app update.. Artists' name is nw in bold fonts in contrast to the album name..

One thing sorely missed: SEARCH function integrated in the music library!

The search function will be added in the PR1.1 firmware release (whenever that may be) according to the leaks about the firmware. Theres a few cool stuff that will be added as well. That is if PR1.1 is even released. Maybe Nokia will release PR2.0 and skip PR1.1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Firmware Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1